Tekko 2019 Exhibitor ContractPlease read all rules and policies carefully, as some of them have changed. Be sure you understand and agree to all rules and policies before registering as an Exhibitor for Tekko; no exceptions or exemptions will be made.
Unlicensed fan art or unlicensed merchandise CANNOT be sold under any circumstances.
Tekko Exhibitors Area Rules and Policies
Tekko 2019 will take place from Thursday April 11th to Sunday April 14th, 2019. The Tekko Exhibitors Area will operate Friday April 12th to Sunday April 14th, 2018, with setup time available for Exhibitors beginning at 3pm the day of April 12th. The Exhibitors Area will be in the David L Lawrence Convention Center.
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Inc. reserves the right to adjust contract information as new information becomes available.
Each booth in the Exhibitors Area is 10’ by 10’, with two chairs, and one 6’ table. Booths or blocks of booths reserved by an Exhibitor will be marked off by pipe and drape around the sides and back. Booths will be available along the walls and through the main part of the room.
Exhibitor space will be assigned by the Exhibitors Area Coordinator and staff. Tekko will make every effort to accommodate each Exhibitor’s location preference. However, it may be necessary to relocate Exhibitors within the Exhibitors Area and Tekko reserves the right to do so. Business may only be conducted at the tables assigned by Tekko to the Exhibitor in the Exhibitor’s Area. Any business to be conducted outside this area must have prior approval by Tekko.
Booth rates for Tekko 2019 will vary depending on the number of booths reserved. If an Exhibitor books during limited, pre-booking promo periods, the Exhibitor may be eligible for a discount. Exhibitors paying by check will receive a 5% discount on their booth fees. Exhibitors paying electronically will not receive the 5% discount.
The first booth is $450 by check, $472.50 electronically.
The second booth is $400 by check, $420 electronically.
The third booth is $350 by check, $367.50 electronically.
The fourth booth is $300 by check, $315 electronically.
Each additional booth after the fourth will be $100 by check, $105 electronically.
(Prices are based upon site location and space prices set by the venue.)
Reservations, Payment and Contact Information
To reserve booth space, submit contract online for approval. Once approval has been obtained by Exhibitor’s Coordinator, Exhibitors will have a two-week time period to submit signature page with full payment and any necessary deposit.
Tekko Exhibitor Reservation
PO Box 15187
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Payment must be in the form of a check or money order payable to “Pittsburgh JCS, Inc.”, or electronically. A confirmation email will be sent within 24 – 48 hours confirming the receipt of materials and payment. There will be a limited number of reservations accepted.
All bounced checks will be charged a $36.00 bounced check fee.
Pittsburgh JCS, Inc. reserves the right to refuse to rent booth space to Exhibitors. In this event, the Exhibitor will be notified no later than March 1, 2019 and is entitled to a full refund of registration fee.
To contact the Exhibitors Area Coordinator, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibitors Area Hours
Friday, April 12th 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday, April 13th 10:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Sunday, April 14th 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Attendees will be allowed access to the Exhibitors Area during all operating hours. Tekko requires that an associate from each Exhibitor be present at all times during these hours. These hours are subject to change, and any changes will be posted to the “Exhibitors” section of the Tekko website.
Exhibitor Hall setup will begin Thursday, April 11th at 3:00 PM, with EVERYONE off of the floor by 8:00 PM. NO EXCEPTIONS. Exhibitors will be able to finish setup Friday.
The Exhibitors Area will be located in Hall B of the convention center.
All exhibitors will be assigned a designated time to begin setup. Any exhibitor arriving before their designated setup time will not be allowed onto the loading dock until their appointed time has arrived.
Before unloading any materials or beginning booth setup, Exhibitors MUST check in with the Exhibitors Area Coordinator in order to receive their final booth assignment and Exhibitor badges. Only after an Exhibitor is checked in will they be allowed to unload and set up materials.
The following loading/unloading instructions were provided by the DLLCC:
- Unload and reload their vehicle at the loading dock, in the designated POV area (specified on the map, later in this document, in green). Both unload and reload is limited to one trip to the loading dock area with unlimited trips to and from the vehicle.
- Unload and reload their own materials provided they use their own non-mechanized dolly and/or cart. No dollies, carts, or material handling equipment will be supplied to exhibitors by the convention center or hired show contractor.
- Unload and reload their materials provided the POV is no larger than a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV). i.e.: No U-hauls, box trucks, etc.
- The drop off lanes, on 10th Street, are designated as a “no loading” zone and as such are not for POV use.
The current labor agreement does not permit us to deviate from these guidelines without incurring additional fees. Any Exhibitor not adhering to this policy will be responsible for all labor fees. Should an Exhibitor incur this fee and refuse to pay, they will be blacklisted from returning to any Pittsburgh JCS events until balance is paid. The hourly rate an Exhibitor will be charged is $300.00 per hour for every hour block that the Exhibitor runs into (this means that if an Exhibitor runs fifteen (15) minutes over the allotted time, the Exhibitor will be charged for an hour of labor, as this is the procedure used by the Convention Center.)
Exhibitors will be responsible for the loading and unloading all of their merchandise as well as the equipment (dolly, cart, etc.) with which it is done.
Exhibitors Area badges may be shared among employees, but the practice of sharing one badge among multiple employees simultaneously is prohibited and will result in the confiscation of badges. Every individual working at an Exhibitor’s booth(s) must wear a badge at all times.
Access to the Exhibitors Area outside of the previously listed time is prohibited.
Every Exhibitor must display their company name in a prominent manner, easily seen by Pittsburgh JCS, Inc. /Tekko, for identification during the event using the booth sign provided at the event, or using a sign the Exhibitor provides. Failure to display Exhibitor’s company name, as a result of the Exhibitor, may result in Exhibitor being removed from the event without refund or reimbursement of any type.
A form for Electrical Services is available on the DLLCC website. Any Exhibitor needing any of the detailed services will need to complete the form and send it to the address provided, or complete the online order form. http://www.pittsburghcc.com/exhibitors/exhibitor-services/
Requirements from the DLLCC
- Decorations, signs, banners, etc. may not be taped, nailed, stapled, or otherwise fastened to ceilings, walls, painted surfaces, or columns in the DLLCC.
- No holes may be drilled, cored, or punched in the facility.
- All food and/or beverage products require prior written approval form.
- Exhibitors are responsible for the removal of all materials at the conclusion of the show. The booth must be broom cleaned.
- All fire, safety, and building regulations must be strictly followed. Particular attention should be paid the prohibitions against propane, acetylene, and other flammable materials.
Refund and Cancellations
Should an Exhibitor find they cannot attend Tekko, or need to reduce the number of booths purchased, they may cancel booths by contacting the Exhibitors Area Coordinator (at the email or postal address provided above) to make arrangements.
Exhibitors will receive a full refund of booth fees for booths canceled before February 15th, 2019, and a refund of half the booth fees for booths canceled before March 1st, 2019. After that date, no refunds will be given for canceled booths. Please allow six to eight weeks for Pittsburgh JCS, Inc. to process refunds.
Exhibitors who cancel give up any claim or reservation to the canceled booths, which are returned to the pool of available space at standard booth rates.
Tekko Exhibitors Area Policies
Convention Rules Policy
All Exhibitors will accept full responsibility for the collection and payment of any local, state and federal taxes. All Exhibitors that do not currently possess a tax registration from the PA Department of Revenue will be required to complete a PA-100 Enterprise Registration form. This form can be obtained online at www.pa100.state.pa.us.
Adult Materials Policy
- All adult materials will be clearly marked as such.
- All adult media (DVDs, videotapes, CDs, etc.) will be displayed spine out only.
- All adult materials will be blocked from public view with opaque material.
- All Exhibitors will ask for and verify appropriate ID before attempting to sell any adult material to any attendee.
“Adult” in these cases refers to any materials that are sexually explicit, extremely graphically violent or otherwise unsuitable for children. If such materials are seen out in the open or if Tekko staff receives complaints, the Exhibitor will be reminded of our adult materials policy ONCE. Any Exhibitor failing to comply after being reminded of our policy, or selling inappropriate materials to minors, will be removed from the convention with no monetary compensation.
Item Display and Removal Policy
Pittsburgh JCS, Inc. does not allow the sale or advertisement of bootleg, pirated or unlicensed merchandise. Such items include but are not limited to:
- SonMay (SM) CDs
- Golden Apple CDs
- Ever Anime A8, Ever Anime GM, and Ever Anime Best Song Collections CD’s
- Golden Anime CD’s
- Game Music brand CD’s
No gambling, no bingo, no games of chance, and no lottery type games are allowed if they require any exchange of money. Prize wheels that are free to spin are allowed. If you are unsure if your game is allowed, please contact the Exhibitors Area Coordinator.
Exhibitor is prohibited from selling, or making otherwise available certain kinds of merchandise (“Barred Merchandise”) at Tekko. Examples of Barred Merchandise shall include, but are not limited to:
- ANY Pins, Wall Scrolls, Models (Resin or Vinyl kits), Decals, Stickers and Posters which are not properly marked and labeled with the appropriate copyright information.
- ANY Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts Blades, Gun Blades, Buster Blades, Buster Swords, Key Blades, Key Swords, and Swords or Sword like items from Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts regardless of size shape or intended use.
- ANY Cosmetic or Non-Cosmetic Contact Lenses.
- ANY plush, hats, plush hats, or plush type materials that do not contain a Tush Tag and a Swing Tag from a licensed work.
- ANY products with Swing Tag with a JAN Code that has fewer or more single digits than (13) thirteen.
- ANY Licensed Merchandise without the appropriate copyright information listed or included on/in the product.
- ANY goods or services listed under the “Legal Policy” section above, and “Bootleg/Piracy Policy” below.
- ANY paraphernalia that may be used for illegal substances. (Glass pipes, water pipes, etc.)
The display and/or sale of items classified as, or similar to, but not limited to grab bags, grab boxes, mixed bags, and variety boxes not assembled by the manufacturer is not permitted. This includes brown bag clearances. If you are unsure if your blind box item is allowed, please contact the Exhibitors Area Coordinator.
Any violation will come with a single warning, at which time the Exhibitor will be asked to remove the offending material and/or advertising. Failure to comply, or a subsequent violation, will result in removal from the convention (see “Removal of Exhibitors” below).
Weapons Sales Policy
Pittsburgh JCS, Inc. neither condones nor prohibits the sale of weapons. However, attendees must comply with the weapons policy listed on the Tekko website, which prohibits them from carrying “live steel,” functioning imitation guns (such as but not limited to paintball, bb-gun, and pellet gun) or other dangerous items. Exhibitors should take extra care in the design and positioning of their displays to ensure that there is no mishandling of merchandise. The Exhibitors Area Coordinator may require items be removed from sale if there is an apparent danger to attendees, Exhibitors, convention staff, or merchandise.
Upon selling any weapon, Exhibitors are required to package it securely and advise the purchaser that opening the package within the convention is prohibited, and the weapon should be taken to the buyer’s vehicle or hotel room immediately upon leaving the Exhibitors Area. Pennsylvania State Law prohibits the sale of weapons to minors; any Exhibitor in violation of this law will be removed from the event with no monetary compensation.
Exhibitors will be held solely responsible for any damage occurring within the area of their booth.